1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

simplifying my f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wab1234, Feb 24, 2007.

1. wab1234

wab1234 Junior Member
    from ma

i have an 89 f250 4x4 witha 351w i use to plow one parking lot i no longer use ti for the road i would like to take as much out of the engine bay as possiblee as it is a mess due to emmision junk does anyone have ideas about any plumbing i could take out and still run i dont have to worry about emmisions now
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The thing with emission gear is that it makes the truck run at it's best. Emission gear really takes nothing away from performance! The vacuum reservoir can makes sure all the switches have vacuum to operate. All the air pump, pipes and lines make sure the cat works to it's best level. The computer knows when this stuff is not working and will make adjustments that will effect performance. The oxygen sensor will pickup a lot too. Which effects all the systems. The stuff can not be unconnected without causing problems!