1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Simplicity snow blowers wont change speeds

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

What controls the lever that goes from 2 reverse speeds to forward speeds? Usually you can change them on the fly without even letting up on the drive belt control on the handles. I know its a friction disc that spins and turns a rubber gear or something, but THREE of our machines are stuck on speed 5... whatever they were left at from last season,you cant pull the handle up to go slower or into reverse.

If i take the lower pan cover off the machine, what should i be looking for? Never had to service this part of any of the machines, all are 2005+ models 8.0-13hp, two of the three are their pro series with orange form steel handle frame, not the tube frame.