1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Simple Question On Where To Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by c.schulz, Jan 10, 2006.

1. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Ive got an 05 2500 GMC and Im looking for ideas for where to mount the plate that holds the plugs.Id like to keep it out of the way of dirt and plow action.PICTURES WOULD BE GREAT:waving:

Chris

2. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

Not much of a good place............

I've got a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD and ran into the same situation, after 1 year of hassling with the plugs through the front bumper, I finally decided to make something, but not extravagant or gaudy looking. What I came up with was a flat piece of 1/8" steel about 3x4 inches square with a step in it, and then bolted the bracket to the underside of the plate as it would be installed normally. I then used 2 thicker bars of mild steel 3/8" by 1" by 3", one on top with a hole drilled through it and one on bottom with a 7/16"-14 tapped hole in it. I sandwiched the flat plate on top of the LH tow hook with a 7/16" bolt of appropriate length and lockwasher. What I thought would be nice about this setup is that it is adjustable, and removable, and you do not need to drill any additional holes in your truck. If you decide to remove the plow, no harm is done, and who cares if you scratch the paint on the towhook? I can send some pictures if you want.

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

4. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

Sorry, haven't got my camera out yet, will try to tomarrow, Thanks...

5. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

No problem. Thanks for the effort in advance.:drinkup:

Chris

6. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

PLOWINGHD
    Sent you a PM

Chris