1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Simple clean truck bed rail signs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I've had a few PM's asking me about my plowing signs for my truck. Sorry the picts are not the greatest, I'm too lazy to go out and take some new ones.

The posts are painted PT 2x3" I used a table saw to create a channel for ends of the fencing to slide into. Attach from the back side with stainless screws.
    The Sign is 3/4" x 6" x 8' vinyl fencing
    Order 3M reflective vinyl letters pre-spaced, apply using soapy water and a squeegee.
    Leave a gap between the fencing and the bed rails. This way it minimizes your blind spots.

Now I made mine with scraps I had kicking around so it cost me like $12 to make. If I were to do it from scratch I would try to replace the 2x3 PT with something like TREX, and I would order the 3M reflective vinyl--I used individual letters bought at the staples, took WAY TO LONG to put on and they don't reflect:cry:

truck_signs_montage.jpg

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

so whats the deal with sending me the tailgate :)

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

When can you get your truck in for the new driver's side???:rolleyes: ;)

4. Grn Mtn

I've been having "discussions" none stop and FINALY have gotten somewhere. First they were trying to figure out who was liable (I guess the driver was a sub) This one was an easy answer, in NY state the vehicles insurance not the drivers insurance pays. So the big company lost on that one. Second they were trying to treat me like an individual and not a business---uh NO! After I started in with the legal dept they got the hint and pushed me over to their insurance company. I finally have someone willing to treat me as a business, IE reimburse me for having to sub out my jobs to other plow companies while the truck is in the shop.

Oh DBL, your killin' me. No you can't have my tailgate:D

The estimate is $1600.

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i cant really see in the picture of the door but did he only hit and puncture the door or did he hit any other part of the cab too

oh and they said $300 for a new tailgate for me

6. Grn Mtn

The plow shreaded the door but also twisted the skin on the pillar on the outside of the rear cab.(if that makes sense)

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah after you said it i looked at the pic again and saw now i see $1600 making sense

8. Grn Mtn

well it now turns out that quote was grossly underestimated most likely with the intent to inflate it after the fact. I just visited BRAAAP's auto body and they came up with a much more detailed repair in the mid 2K.