1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sima's best time to join is NOW!

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by JD Dave, Mar 19, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sima is having a membership drive as we speak and with $50 off you have no excuse's not to join. Get ready for next winter now and you''ll be very thank full you did. Did you know that Sima has a mentor program, when you first join you will be contacted by a "buddy" and he will help you answer any questions you have. Sima has contracts, production times, application rates, training videos all at your finger tips. Tell them Dave Snyder from Forest Lawn Farms Ltd. reffered you and if we ever meet the beer is on me.:drinkup: http://sima.org/registernewmembers.cfm

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

So what you are telling me is, after I join, you will then be my "buddy?" Thanks Dave.... Does it matter if it's Canada or the US?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL I think you might want an American buddy but I don't see why not.

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

He's your buddy right up until you put his name down as the referring member.... :eek:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Roy I'll always be your buddy. :drinkup:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

so...is the price listed already 50 off or does it go down to 130?

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It's $130 if your snow and ice revenue is under $250k.

9. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just joined and so far its very helpful. Whats the big benifit for having a Buddy?

If you going to join say Turf Solutions referred you!!

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Are they gonna check your income statement to see how much you make. Otherwise there won't be to many that make over $250.000

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well I guess I'm honest then because I didn't lie.

Hey start your own thread, I guess I really have you to thank for getting me motivated to start this thread.:drinkup::drinkup:

12. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I know what your trying to pull, I thought I would get my 2 cents in LOL

13. Dissociative

seems theres a reward for referring??

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I get a $50 referral fee as well as you get $50 off, so I thought what the hell it's a great deal for all of us. Memberships with the discount are $130 and if you come to Sima I'll buy you a bunch of beers at the school of dance. :D

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

QUOTE=TurfSolutionsMN;771856]I just joined and so far its very helpful. Whats the big benifit for having a Buddy?

The buddy system, is in place just to help the new guy get familiar with SIMA. It is one of several ways to get familiar with SIMA When I joined SIMA I did not know anybody there. My buddy welcomed me, and was there for any questions I had. Right of the bat I felt more at ease, not so much an outsider.
    Now sometimes it can take awhile for the buddy to contact you, we can be a little busy at times. In your welcome package you get your Buddy's contact information. Feel free to contact them. You can always contact any other member of SIMA if you prefer.
    Welcome to SIMA :waving:

If you going to join say Turf Solutions referred you!![/QUOTE]

No it works on the honor system.
    Its a contest SIMA is having right now. Since the symposium is being held in Louisville Kentucky. The contest is like a horse race, every time you get someone to join SIMA, your company horse moves ahead. The new member and the referring member each get $50.00. The company that finishes in first place gets his expenses paid at this years symposium. Its all about having fun, with a little incentive.

Way to go JD, at this pace you will be unbeatable by the end of the month.:drinkup:

http://www.sima.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=178

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That what I like about you Paul always a gentlemen, Lots of time left for your horse to take the lead. :drinkup:

17. Dissociative

so.......you get 130 and then another 50?....or is the 130 only with a referral?

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's reg $180 for the under 250k gross sales.

19. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Regular price is $180, sign up before the membership drive is over and it's $130 whether you have someone refer you or not. However, when you give another member's name as the person who refers you that person will receive $50.

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for clarifying that again.:drinkup: