1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SIMA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Dec 3, 2000.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

I just sighned up for SIMA and was wondering how and when they will contact me. I am interested in this and was wondering there response rate to the applications?
    Thank you.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

You should here from them this week, and recieve the materials no later than the following week. Welcome aboard,and have fun with the sticker.
    Dino

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Hey plowking35 on your sticker statement is that a inside joke?

4. plowking35

from SE CT

Yeah, Dig and Iowastrom have spun a ration of xyz about all the money to join SIMA and the only real benifit they saw was the stciker that you can put on your truck.IMO SIMA is the best value for your money that you can make in the snow removal industry.
    Dino

5. jrblawncare

jrblawncare Senior Member

Within a week.....Hey,My sticker is in my window!

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I've read over the SIMA info, and I was curious as to if anyone has gotten any decent discounts or information from them?

-Tim

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

This could be the start to a very long thread.Welcome from one SIMA member to another you will be glad you joined.

8. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Hey, I've got a SIMA sticker on my truck and show it off proudly to all of the little people that don't know or care to know what SIMA is or stands for.

9. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

SIMA is a great organization.

10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Ditto. SlimJim, yes & YES.

11. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Any details BRL???

-Tim

12. plowking35

from SE CT

Tim do a search under SIMA and read away. There has been several sima threads in the past, and many have good info.
    Dino

13. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

You can get an 8% discount from J. Thomas Distributors (aftermarket parts)

http://www.j-thomas.com

Also, we are very close to signing a agreement with Pro-Tech to get you a discount on Pro-Tech blades. Should be ready for use within a week.

Other discounts are available. Check with Tammy at the SIMA office for details. We are looking for such things for members all the time.

Welcome aboard.

14. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Do you have to buy a dozen Pro-Tech at a time to get the discount?

;)

15. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Lazer...

As a matter of fact, I just now finalized the arrangement with Pro-Tech. 3% discount - no quantity. And, they have a rebate program in progress right now, and you can get the 3% about the rebate too.

Tammy doesn't even know this has been finalized as of yet.

This is through the dealer too - and the dealers should be notified of this discount program by the end of the day. If there is no dealer, you can buy direct.

If you have any problems, contact me and I'll jump in.

16. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

"Can Sima Benefit me?"

I'm rather wet behind the ears concerning snow removal, so it was a natural to join SIMA for me. SIMA members have been very helpful. Whenever I ask for help on or off forum, etc. they give the answers I want with no intrepidation.

I bought the video, too. John Allin didn't push, but said SIMA membership would be helpful. I'm so thankful I spent that money! Also, can't wait until the next video comes out. The video costs what the average guy is charging for an hour of plow time. How can one go wrong there???

As helpful as members of this forum can be, I find SIMA members to be that much more willing to divulge their pricing schemes, sample contracts, etc. Maybe it is coincidence, but I think not.

IMHO, don't hesitate to join unless you already know everything you want to know about snow removal and ice management. I am sure I will benefit from membership for many years to come.

Also, Chuck has a snowplowing manual. I'm buying it as well. The more info we are armed with, the more money we are going to make.