1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sima

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by timme4, Sep 18, 2007.

1. timme4

timme4 Junior Member

How many people are members of sima and do you feel that it is worth it or not?

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I am a member, and yes it works for me.

3. JayMac

JayMac Member

How big is your company?

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Have been since the start, has it's good and bad points.

I suggest a search, you'll come up with some good reading, pro and con.

5. timme4

timme4 Junior Member

we have four trucks and other equipment, make about 100000 a year and have been in business for about four years.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I used to and it helped a lot starting out. I think for someone your size, it would be a good way of networking. For the "little guy" like me, it was too big of an expense for the benefit to keep it up.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd agree with Mick. It was extremely worthwhile my first several years, has become less so over the past few. I learned a lot, had a lot of ideas that I had reinforced.

There are certain places on the 'Net that can help out just about as much too.

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Small.
    I dont find the 200 bucks a year too bad myself. I have met alot of people in the industry threw Sima. The networking to me is priceless.
    If you get one lead from there Contractors list what is that worth ?
    I did 60k last season for a Company that found me on Sima's site. This year it should double.
    They have a mentor program that could really help out a guy who needs alot of help to get up and going. I didnt do it, I wish I had.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007