1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SIMA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by n y snow pros, Apr 20, 2000.

1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

I was just curious to know how many of you are SIMA members,how many joined this year and who is going to the SIMA syposiom in Maine this June?<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

John, I'll be in Portland. I'm not going on the tour of Fisher but I'll be at the meeting that night.

3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

In the month since I found (and enjoy) this forum, I have seen reference to and read many referring others to join SIMA. I dropped by their website, but I was not convinced by that. I would appreciate some information from regulars on this forum on SIMA's purpose and the services and benefits that accrue to a member. In otherwords, I'm mibbling on the hook, but I haven't yet had the hook set.<br>We are located in Ontario, Canada - Regards<p>----------<br>JWM<br>

4. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

We are members of SIMA, but will be unable to attend in June. <br>Next year for sure !<p>Andy<br>www.admservices.com<br>

5. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

I am a member but will be unable to attend. It sounds like it will be a good thing to attend. wish I could.

6. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

We'll be joining in the summertime. Won't be attending any conferences - too busy, and too far away. We're also in Ontario and I agree the website for SIMA isn't very well done but from what I've heard, membership is well worth it.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

The SIMA web site is pretty weak as far as info and promoting the group,and is something i want to bring up at the seminar in Maine.Dont be mislead by this web weakness as this is the only thing i have ever seen SIMA drop the ball on.This group is just as important as the plow on your truck when comes to the snow plow business.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I AM A MEMBER,I FEEL THAT MEMBERSHIP SEEMS TO BE GROWING AND TO BE A MEMBER WILL BE A MUCH BIGGER ASSET AS TIME GOES ON NOT GOING TO THE CONFERENCE AS OF YET<p>DOUG

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Johnny P<br>The wife will be 9 mo preganant but I will still be attending. For those who are members that dont attend you are missing the most valuable aspect of SIMA. For those thast arenot members there will be a one day pass available for people to check out the group,trade show and maybe some free eats.<br> as far as the web site goes, the administrator is very busy, and she just doesnt have time to devote what she needs to it. I am sure that if anyone wants to volunteer some web design time, she will be more than happy to oblige.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

10. Vince Panaroni

Vince Panaroni Member

I'm a SIMA member, and think it is as valuable a group that folks of our interest can have. I have been working with Tammy on membership as well as other areas. Dino and I have brought the SIMA booth to shows such as American Public Works and others to promote the organization and more members are joining.<p>There is a lot to get out of the seminars, and Jack Hill, one of the guys from the company I work for gave a paper at the Public Works Show in Michigan and it was one of the best received talks given. Jack is ginving this paper again in Portland.<p>It is understandable that work and feeding our families is most important to us, but for some of you guys walking the fence about coming make sure you do.<p>I guess for our nibbler, this is a group of people dedicated to the snow and ice management buiness, and it does one heck of a good job. Don't nibble around the edges, sink your teeth into something you can also contribute to. <p>Tammy is concerned about the website as we all are, if we could tell all our guys about how well this one works I'm sure that our SIMA site would improve. Anyway don't judge the organization by the website at this time, read some of the good stuff that members have put on this site.<p><p>vince