1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sima

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowchicago, Mar 11, 2012.

1. plowchicago

plowchicago Junior Member
    from Chicago

I wanted to know how many of you all joined sima? is it worth being a member?
    If your a member did it help your business,or did it promote your business in anyway?
    whAt are the true benefits?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There are a few threads just like this now. Everyone has their opinion. If you decide to join you can use me (Grandview) as a referral and get 50 bucks off your membership.

3. plowchicago

plowchicago Junior Member
    from Chicago

Where are they located so I can read up on them?

4. grandview

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here is the web site. Its a wonderful organization, you get out of it what you put in.http://www.sima.org/index.cfm

6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

Why doesn't sima have a category for the working people?...those that work for the owners on a part time basis and managing the lots....

7. grandview

Would that be classified as property manager?

8. leolkfrm

Nope...just the guy who gets up at 2 and 4 to see if there is a need to call for the salt truck and go out and salt the sidewalks...or call a crew to plow..so the property manager isn't calling the boss that things are snowy or icy......lol.....been a tough year for us hourly workers..:cry:

9. grandview

I would join just for myself so you can get the credentials for the future if your going to move up the ladder.

10. leolkfrm

nope no moving up the ladder...i like to be well informed on jobs i do....too old for a job with responsability!