1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sima training videos

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Aug 29, 2003.

1. has anyone seen these videos.
    Are they worth the price. and if so
    which one for a new guy, is the intermediate one
    fine or start with the beginner vidoe.
    thanks for the help
    mike

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, you are in luck. The videos are going on sale next week.

Are they worth it? That is a tricky question. The same way you might like I movie that I don't, you might not think you got your money's worth. Then again, you might be happy with what you learn from the videos. There is a strong focus on safety in all the videos.

I will tell you that the first video is basic, as it is supposed to be. It is aimed at someone that has very limited plowing experience.

The Intermediate video is aimed at a contractor that has been plowing residential account, that would like to get into commercial accounts.

They are an excellent tool for educating employees. Even if you don't have any now, but plan to in the future.

I personally think it is worth it, but that is my opinion. Anything that can help you learn about this business, even if it is only one thing that will prevent a co$tly mistake in the future, it is money well spent. Training videos are expensive in general. Educational materials aimed at this business are scarce,and I myself try to get my hands on all I can.

~Chuck

------------------------------
    SUPER SAVINGS

Purchase any two (2) videos at regular price and get
    a third (3) video...
    FREE!

MEMBER PRICING
    1ST VIDEO = $99.95
    2ND VIDEO = $99.95
    3RD VIDEO = FREE

NON-MEMBER PRICING
    1ST VIDEO = $109.95
    2ND VIDEO = $109.95
    3RD VIDEO = FREE

Purchase one (1) video at the regular price and get
    a second (2) video @50% OFF!

MEMBER PRICING
    1ST VIDEO = $99.95
    2ND VIDEO = $49.98

NON-MEMBER PRICING
    1ST VIDEO = $109.95
    2ND VIDEO = $54.98

*****PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING *****

VIDEO 101- BASIC SNOWPLOWING TECHNIQUES
    VIDEO 201 – BASIC SIDEWALK CLEARING W/SNOWBLOWERS
    VIDEO 301 – INTERMEDIATE SNOWPLOWING

CALL (814) 835-3577
    OR
    FAX (814)835-0527
    YOUR ORDER IN TODAY!

OFFER GOOD THROUGH 12/31/03 ON VIDEOS 101, 201, 301

Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

We use the videos for preseason training. It reminds us all what the snow looks like before winter arrives.

The tough thing about training someone on how to plow is that you have to wait until it's snowing before you can begin practical training. Figuring out how to train before the season is always a challenge. The training videos are a good "ice breaker" to get conversation and training moving along when it's not snowing yet.

I think the sale prices that Chuck mentioned make them very very attractive for anyone who does not own them yet.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I start plowing this coming winter and i am really considering buy one. They look like the perfect thing to have when a plowing first starts. My dad has taught me everything he knows about plowing and i think im pretty well educated for the most part. through plowsite alone i have learned a lot more and i thing these videos will teach me even more about plowing:cool:

5. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I think they're worth it. I got the set last year and this year I'll have all my subs watch them. They're sort of basic, but everyone can always use some review. Besides that if something were to happen(god forbid) I'll have a documentent training program in place and can add it to my defense.

My hair is starting on my neck, I guess the winters nearing:D