1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sima question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blizzard Man, May 20, 2004.

1. Blizzard Man

Blizzard Man Junior Member

Would there be any benifit to joining sima since we are just doing driveways and don't plan on doing commercial work?
    Thanks guys
  2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

only if you want to learn from other people that do only residential driveways. there are all kinds of people and im sure you membership would be very beneficial to you.
  3. Blizzard Man

Blizzard Man Junior Member

Thanks,I sent for a information packet.
    I looked there site over,alot info on it.
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I would join. I'm a member and they offer a lot and their regional seminars are really useful too!:)
  5. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Money well spent.
  6. North Country

North Country Senior Member

I believe you would take a wealth of knowledge away from SIMA.

I have just returned from my first SIMA symposium and I have found that there are a lot of people that know how to plow snow but don't necessarily know how to run a business. SIMA is the answer - applying business practices to an industry you already understand.

I have the luxury of working for a multi-billion dollar company (Not a snow company) for the last 10+ years and we have some of the best training and business systems there are. Systems and practices that I follow every day are taught at seminars and through networking, I feel these are some of the most important things that you can learn being a SIMA member. Remember training is an investment not an expense and that applies to owners and employees. - michael