1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SIMA Members

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Sep 20, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I too would like to welcome our esteemed SIMA President, John Allin to this forum. It will be a pleasure to have another SIMA member posting here. It leads me to the reason for this post.
    Just how many SIMA members do we have posting here?
    I know I am here, as well as Dino (plowking35), and Aspen Snow.
    Who else is a SIMA member? And those of you that aren't SIMA members, what are you waiting for???

~Chuck Smith
    http://www.snowplowing-contractors.com

2. Ed Altheide

Ed Altheide Junior Member

SIMA

Snowman is a member. SIMA is currently having a member-get-a-member campaign promotion. It's a good profesional organization to belong to.

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I've spent my money,not just sure why yet,but none the less.

4. Doug406

Doug406 Member

I am

I joined a few months ago, I wish I would have had time for the snow and ice synops show. I know one good reason I joined is that a bulk salt supplier contacted me and quoted me bulk delivered for near 50 per ton. I would not have found that contact on my own.

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Me too!!

I think I'm on my third year as a SIMA member.

6. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

We just recently joined.

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

We are also a SIMA member and it was the best thing we ever did to increase our business.We go under the name of Taconic Maintenance Inc.

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

been member for a year , helps networking

9. Vince Panaroni

Vince Panaroni Member

SIMA member

My company and I have been SIMA members for over 2 years now. We have found it to be not only worthy from a money standpoint but also from the type of folks that are members. Its as good as any major organization that anyone will find in the country people helping people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again SIMA is taking the snow and ice management business into a honest to goodness industry, and thats good.

vince think snow and urethane

10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Joined in August. Wanted to join when it started but didn't have $ at the time & kinda forgot about it until finding this site. Had to join after reading all the good press here. I'm sure the money will be paid back before the first snowfall. Thanks folks.

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

SIMA member

I just received my renewal invoice to SIMA, This organization is so good I dropped what I was doing when the mail came and wrote the check right away.

SIMA members are a great bunch of people who are working hard to improve the image and reputation of "the Plow Guy".

We do more than just plow snow. For the most part we are professionals who provide a service, Its time that those of us who do this work had the kind of stature that SIMA membership provides.

We should all put the logos on our trucks and paperwork. Show our customers that we are truly professional at what we do.

12. Diceman

Diceman Junior Member

We have been members for two years and still cannot say enough good about SIMA. We've met lots of good people and have learned so much. Keep up the good work

Brian, Exterior Solutions

13. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

question, whats sima? how much is it, any info is appreciated!

14. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

SIMA

We are also members. The SIMA logo has been added to all of our snow contracts and literature.

Andy
    ADM Property Services, Inc.

15. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Snow and Ice Management Assoiciation
    They are the only trade organization that is 100% for and by snow plowing professionals.
    http://www.sima.org

16. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

We joined this summer but I haven't even had time to read over the snow and ice manager magazines yet. Too busy with our cutting season. We are plugging our membership to potential clients though.

17. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda makes me tingly all over, to read all the above posts.

18. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

We have been for 2 years and its just grreat what it has done for our company.

19. jrblawncare

jrblawncare Senior Member

I'm thinking of joining,this will be my first year offering this service,need all the help I can get!!We only avg.10" to 15" a year in central KY...Big diffance from up-state NY.Can SIMA be a benifit to me and my business in KY ?MANY THANKS JOHN

20. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Ever hear of Hillenmeyer Nurseries ??

They joined SIMA. They wanted to be THE plowing contractor in their market - and thru SIMA they found an individual that came to their office and revamped their entire in-house tracking operation to make it manageable during the 2 snow events they have each season. They learned about the new products on the market and what could be done to increase their margins. They went from 52% margins for snow, to 88% margins in ONE season. SIMA's the reason. Call Steven Hillenmeyer - mention my name and SIMA and you'll get some very positive feedback (hopefully you're not in the exact same market as they are).

Those who think snow should be a profit center benefit from the interaction amongst peers. This forum is good, and you will get considerable information from those who patronize this site - however, as part of the association you will get address's and phone numbers of almost 500 people that are in the same business. Not very many of that total are on this site. Discounts on aftermarket parts can be significant - and SIMA is constantly looking for suppliers to give discounts to members. There is a long distance discount program for phone use, and SIMA is in the process of trying to set up insurance for plowing only - which may significantly reduce premiums (over the course of a full year).

Additionally, the Symposium each summer is a wonderful experience (ask those on this site that have attended what they think).

Other guys should step in here and give some feedback too.