1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SIMA CSP's

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by fsnowguy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

Anyone taken the SIMA CSP exam? How did becoming a CSP help you professionaly? I am considering trying and would like some feedback.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I got the study books ,and it's a lot of reading to do. Everything you learn will help you out.

3. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I recently completed my CSP exams, and received my CSP Certification. It has help my situation in many ways. I've been in business for over 20 years. I'm the 2nd CSP in my state also. This was a huge accomplishment for me as well as my business. Understand that not everything in the CSP study materials fits every size business. It helped me understand different aspects of the business I guess I never thought about much before. It helped me gain more confidence in the experience I had, and learn what aspects of the business I probably need to learn better. It now allows me another tool for marketing in my area, then hasn't been explored before. Having the knowledge that I've gained from SIMA, along with a CSP designation now seems to have helped me get some larger accounts, and learn how to make my business more diversified. Will CSP make you learn it all? No way, but it does help connect the dots on many aspects of running a business. I simply look at it as another tool in my toolbox. The testing is tough too! It was a ton of information! I think over 650-800 questions at least. Not un-passable, but you definitely wanna study well before you take it. I had to retake 2 of the 6 modules over again and fortunately passed the next time around.

4. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

Congrats on your C.S.P., Thanks for the reply.

5. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

Anyone else?

6. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

OK. took it and passed it. Anyone want a deal on the study manuals?

7. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

congrats!! What did you think? How much for the study materials?

8. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

Thanks. It was a tough test, but if you study you will pass. I think the certification will pay off. PM about the books and we can work out something.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

if ff610 doesn't take the materials let me know. I'm interested in them. My email is in my sig if you want to contact me that way. (you need 10 posts before the PM feature works)

10. fsnowguy

fsnowguy Junior Member
    from usa

O.K. Image, I got my post count up. I'll let you know if ff610 isn't interested. Thanks.