1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SIMA 5th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, May 19, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well there is only 18 days left until the SIMA Symposium in St. Louis. There have been other threads about it, but I know quite a few people who cannot make it now. I am just curious who will be attending at this point. Last year I missed talking to many SIMA members who post here. If you see me there, feel free to stop and say hello. It was a little dissappointing to be at the trade show with so many members that post here, and not to meet them.

I will have "See Our Listing At Snowplowing-Contractors.com" decals with me, so if you are listed in my Directory, be sure to ask me for some! Last year I left a stack at a few of the booths. When I ordered the decals, I wasn't thinkng about the size (as far as being able to mail them) and it turned out that they need an oversize envelope, and the postage is double what it "should" be to mail them. Especially if I put more than 1 in an envelope.

Remember, if you live in the area, or want to make the trip to St. Louis for the trade show only, it is open to the public. You don't have to be a member to attend the trade show!

~Chuck

2. Chuck Smith

from NJ

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Last year they just didn't know who you were Chuck.... but this year, with doing your own Educational Session - they'll easily be able to tell who you are....

And, with the topic you're presenting, I'd bet on a packed house!!

PLUS, how many 6'3" guys with jet black hair and a jet black mustache will be running around there ??.... you'll be hard to miss !!

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I 'll be driving out there chuck and I'll drop by your session to say hi (or maybe at the snack and chat) and maybe you'll have some new details on the Fisher X plow ;) .

Btw congrats on the new job.

5. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Looking forward to it ! We will be there bright and early Thursday morning for the first session.

6. Maine Man

Maine Man Junior Member

The Fisher XBLADE will be at SIMA in St. Louis. Don't miss it!

7. Chuck Smith

from NJ

Only 11 days to go! :D

~Chuck

8. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I just wanted to remind everyone that you don't have to be a SIMA Member to attend the trade show. The trade show floor is open to everyone.

~Chuck

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I got a Shindaiwa flyer in the mail yesterday showing that they'll have a booth at the Trade Show. Is there any listing of all the exhibitors? From this it looks like at least 86 booths. Plus the outdoor equipment?

I'd say if you want to see what's new for snow equipment, this is the place.

10. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I got the same flyer too Mick. Although there may be 86 booths, remember some vendors take more than one. Never the less, it will be a great expo. I also got the Pro Tech postcard with Symposium pricing. Some really great deals on pushers!

See you there.

~Chuck

11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

RCS has a post card out about the show too.
    I was rather shocked when it arrived, and pleasantly surprised too.
    Nice to see the vendors "pushing" it too.....

We have 7 people going to the show. I'm certain they will learn alot while there.

12. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

My faimily and I are leaving in an hour for the show... Be there all weekend!

13. Chuck Smith

from NJ

I already met up with JD and ceaman. Everyone is having a great time here. Lots of faces missed this year, and lots of new faces. Lots of pictures to post for those of you that could not make it.

~Chuck

14. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

What an awesome show! The meetings were great, learned tons of info. I became a sima member while I was there as well. I made many new industry contacts and several new friends. John Allin gave an interesting discussion on his experience at the olympics. Jeff Tovar from TSP gave an interesting talk on job costing. Lunch time "Snack & Chat" was a real learning experience discussing expereiences with a wide range of people (from $4 million in snow removal revenue to a one man show)

I cant wait for Buffalo, NY. in 2003! :nod:

15. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Just got back, man that was a long drive but well worth the trip!

I'm going to sleep now :eek: .

16. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Fantastic show in St Louis.The biggest ever and met a whole new group of people.Cant wait for next year.Saw our friends at Calliber and Glacier mwhich will be the new additional products we will have to sell.Alot of vendors and alot of fun
    John Parker
    Taconic Maintenance Inc
    New York Snow Pros