1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silverado extended cab vs New Holland tc33

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bwspyder, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

This is my first post on this site so go easy on me! This is my first year getting in to big time snow removal. Meaning more than like plowing two drive ways. I recently bought a 7.5 Meyers with an e60. I'm gonna shoot for getting 20ish hopefully more small drive ways( 30-40ft) due to I can't get a commercial insurance policy until I'm 21 in January. So I have the option to mount the plow on my 03 dmax extended cab 6ft bed 35s and 6 inch lift or mounting a plow on a New Holland tc33 and plowing the smaller drive ways with that. I'm thinking due to the trucks size the tractor would work a lot better. Let me know what ya think.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You'd have to fab a custom mount for your truck to drop it down or you'll never get the right attack angle with the plow. But with the tractor it's going to take you forever to commute between driveways. Your truck is not "too big" to plow driveways with. I know people that do it with long bed duallys. You only have an extended cab short bed, it's not like your truck's any bigger than anybody else on here, because height and lift kits have nothing to do with plowing other than having to drop your mount.

3. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

Fabing a mount isn't a problem if I go that way. I was hoping in a development of around 200 houses I could probably pick up 20 or so by going door to door and talking to people. That way I wouldn't have to tow the tractor much. But still weighing my options

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the truck. You have plow insurance correct?

5. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

I tried last week but everyone said I had to be 21. So I can't be insured till January

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

So you're going to do it without insurance then?

7. dieselss

Well might just want to try to plow for a company this year.

8. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

Yes for the first half of the winter. Not gonna try for any commercial jobs. I figure if I wait till January. Everyone will have someone plowing for them already.

9. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

How would one go about getting hooked up with a company?

10. dieselss

Not a good idea. If you damage anything, well how you gunna pay?
    There's got to be companys out there looking for snowplow drivers to drive there trucks

11. nnusskern

nnusskern Member

Call other companies I have had GL insurance since I was 17

12. bwspyder

bwspyder Junior Member

is gl insurance all i need to plow or do i need a commercial auto policy too?