1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silverado cargo light: room for strobe tubes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Maine_Train, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I posted this here rather than in the Strobe Lighting section because the question is kinda brand-specific. I know JustinD and some other members have mentioned thinking about putting hideaway strobe tubes in the cargo light on a Chevy, but I haven't found any posts yet where somebody actually did it.
    I figured I'd ask here first, and save myself some time with taking mine apart to look inside it. Is there room in there for the stock bulb and a strobe tube, without melting anything?
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have strobes in my cargo light, but had to remove standard light.
  3. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

4. Maine_Train

Got it. Thankya both for the input. :salute:

Still mulling my options for adding some more lights while keeping it legal. [​IMG]
  5. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had the vortex LED's in my cargo lights, worked great and did not have to remove the factory bulbs.
  6. Maine_Train

Yeah, I know LEDs are big space-savers vs. the strobe tubes; just looking at options for the parts I already have on-hand.

Maybe I'll just stuff the big ol' helical tubes in places where they'll fit without problems with heat, etc., and go with little sneaky LEDs in smaller spots, later on. :D