1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

silverado 2500HD?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snowlovr, Feb 8, 2012.

1. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

I am looking at getting a 2002 silverado 2500hd 8.1 liter engine and want to put the boss vplow 8'2 on it. Has anyone know if this is a reliable truck for plowing and if anyone has heard or had issues that I should be aware of. Thanks for any imput

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes,it's extremely reliable if it's been maintained properly.Make sure you install frame gussets by your control arms so you don't crack your frame.Do a search here to see how it's done.You probably also will want to replace your factory jounce bumpers with aftermarket ones such as Air Rides or Timbrens for the heavy weight of the Boss. Good luck.

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

You will have no issues with that truck and plow combo. The truck and plow are very reliable. Yes, some will have issues with one or the other but all in all, you will do just fine. Welcome to plowsite!

4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Check carefully for rocker and rear cab corners rotting from the inside out.

Fuel consumption will be high, but you probably know that and are going in with your eyes open...never run out of power though.

5. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

went to get the truck couple days ago and the dealer sold it from under me :( guess that truck was not meant to be.

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

There is one issue with them... the fuel gauges are faulty, they always read Empty ;)

Sucks you missed out.