1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

silverado 2500hd and boss v plows

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SUPRA, Jan 4, 2011.

1. SUPRA

SUPRA Junior Member
    from nj

i wonder if i can install boss v plow 8.2 on my pick up ( Chevrolet 2005 Silverado 2500HD crew cub 8 foot bed 6.6 diesel) already using Mayer 7.6 straight blade ...I would really appreciate your help...thanx

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes you can, no one is stopping you. There are guys that would put 9'2'' vees on that truck all day long and not think twice about it. Get some timberns, and ballast and you'll be fine. Also think about installing the frame gussets. (search frame gussests if you don't know what I am talking about)

3. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

What he said but also raise your torsion bars and get the truck aligned. You are under the f-gvwr so you are good to go.

Install frame gussets if you plan to keep the truck a long while or push a ton otherwise dont worry about it.

4. SUPRA

SUPRA Junior Member
    from nj

thanx for fast reply....I was looking for gussets plates but I can't find them anywhere...Do you know where can I get them?...Do I have to make them?

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Let your welder fabricate them and then install them.Cheaper that way.Just so you know I run a Boss V 9-2 er--no problems.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

7. SUPRA

SUPRA Junior Member
    from nj

Big thanks for your help I really appreciate your help thanks again

8. ciapek

ciapek Member

Welcome.

Hi Supra, welcome.:)))

9. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Yupp you can run an 8-2 on that truck I am wrestling with either an 8-2 or a 9-2 for my truck at the moment.