1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silverado 1500 works great!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Zigracer, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Zigracer

Zigracer Member

Well, first storm with the 2010 Silverado 1500: 5.3 Alum. block Duratec engine, 6spd auto, 3.42 locker, trailer and off road package. Meyer 7.5 poly e-z mount plus. Oh yeah - LED Back Up Buddy too.

And the verdict is.........

Truck and plow performed better than I expected; and I expected it to perform well. I had plowed with a 1/2 ton for ten years and then had a 2008 F-250 with a Fisher 8 foot plow for the past two seasons. So I was a bit apprehensive about going back to a 1/2 ton. Although only a 1/2 ton, the Chevy seemed to be heavier than my old F-150. The poly blade seemed to perform well too.

So I'd say if you do residential accounts as I do, this is a good combo. Remember to get the aluminum block, though, so you can handle the extra weight of the plow- no Timbrens required.