1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silverado 1500 Bumper Notching

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Monorail_Red, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Monorail_Red

Monorail_Red Junior Member
    from CT

Hello everyone - I have a picture request. I'm looking for pictures of a 2007-2013 Silverado 1500 with bumper notching to accommodate the UltraMount setup. I've found a picture on this site with a Sierra, but I'm looking for a Silverado specifically. I've also seen pictures of the Fisher setup on a Silverado 1500, but I'm considering the HTS because the bumper notching seems less intrusive compared to a Fisher Minute Mount setup. Just want to get a better idea of what I need to do for the bumper notching. Thanks in advance!
  2. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

There is less cutting on the western install,try looking up the installation instructions for that year truck on westerns website,there should be a picture toward the end of the instructions.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I have never needed to cut into the metal of the bumper, only the plastic air dam. Some owners request no notching in which case we remove the air dam from the bottom of the bumper altogether. When I do cut I use a pneumatic reciprocating saw. No big deal.