1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

silverado 1500 4x4 5.3

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevy Silverado, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Chevy Silverado

Chevy Silverado Junior Member

Hi everyone ,

Need some help! couple off questions

1. I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 5.3 Crew cab short box 5.5', would this truck be ok for small parking lots and driveways?

2. I do have a plow 7.6ft need a mount for the truck my meyers plow has the 4blue and 2yellow hook up is it easy find a mount and hook it up?

3. Should I do anything to the front end for support and the sitting higher?

2. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

man, I've been on the fence..

I have a quad cab 3/4 ton Chevy...
    I have a extended cab 99 GMC 1/2 ton...

Now, I will predominately working by myself, and want to mainly do driveways, so the the 1/2 ton would be better
    but My own driveway gets drifts bumper deep or more, so a V on the 3/4 ton would be better....I dunno!

3. geereed

geereed Senior Member

4. Squires

Squires Senior Member

how did the truck fair after a couple of seasons? any issues?

5. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Works great. I do about 8 to 10 driveways.

6. Squires

Squires Senior Member

Oh i assumed it was gone from your sig, so your still useing it?

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

chevy I would put a 2 inch leveling kit in it truck will look better even if you don't put a plow on it.As far as a plow I would go with a fisher mm2 SD nice plow well built and perfect for a 1/2 ton.

8. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Just turned it in. It was a lease.