1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silly season 2014 has started

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Aug 5, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

got my 1st call yesterday for plowing. :dizzy:
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Im sure someone in Michigan would have gone an plowed.
  3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

you gotta stop plowing your clients MR GV :laughing:
  4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

At least they're not waiting until there is a foot of snow on the ground and then getting upset when they can't find anyone standing around with their thumb up their a$$ waiting for a call like we have here.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Your Mom doesn't count.
  6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Wow suprised first was so late, I already got a few new ones & did a few quotes. I figured he'd be getting stalked by now ;)
  8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: That's awesome Buswell
  9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

10. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Same here got a whole bunch of calls already.
  11. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

One call so far... Not complaining though. Grass is still growing
  12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Love it!!!
  13. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

I think I've added close to half a dozen over the course of the summer, first one was in May when I signed up a new lawn. Just about ready to start renewing, when do you guys try to have everyone renewed by?
  14. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

dang i havent stopped getting calls for new mowing and landscape stuff yet. to think of getting calls for plowing seems to early. although i do plan on sending out letters in september.
  15. A.K Landscaping

A.K Landscaping Junior Member

I just sent out a bunch of letters last week and I'm going to keep sending out about 50 to 75 a week until mid September.
  16. snowplower1

wow i actually started getting new locations yesterday to send them to but usually i send them all at once but i think i might send em town by town so i have more time to call back. Do you do follow up calls?
  17. A.K Landscaping

I don't do follow up calls in particular. This is my first time doing this and I think I got the idea from you in another thread. But, I do a follow up call if I already know who would be in charge of purchasing and contracting, or if I feel really good about a property I sent a letter to, but both of these are rare. I just write property manager on the envelope and hope it gets to the right person and hope they call back. Firing from the hip is more my method.

Also, write it in formal business letter format. For example:

August 11, 2014
    (4 returns)

Property Manager
    Business Name
    Town, State
    (2 returns)

Dear potential client:
    (2 returns)
    Body Paragraphs
  18. snowplower1

yeah business letter format is a must. what made you decide to send out letters already? I cant figure whats too early or too late
  19. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I started Aug 1st. I have 75% of my accounts confirmed for this winter, will have all but one or two spots left by the end of this month. This makes no rat race in November trying to fill the books. :)
  20. A.K Landscaping

I couldn't really figure it out either. I just figured it's better to be early. If you send them late, they might have signed with someone else. Even if you send them early and they are not ready to decide, they still have your name in their head or letter on their desk.