1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silly question - lift arm related

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 440trk, Dec 5, 2007.

1. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

OK, this is going to sound sillly, but my Meyer lift arm has 2 different pump ram positions on it (plow is a 1978 ST90 on a 77 Dodge Powerwagon if it matters any)

All these years I've been using the outer position for the pump ram. Well, my brother recently picked up another old dodge to use plowing his driveway, same setup as mine, but the lift ram is in the inner (closer to the grille) location.

Now I realize using the closer position will make the ram work just a little harder, but will also lift/drop the blade a bit quicker as well. Is there any preferred location? Any harm from switching to the inner (quicker) position? Anything else to look out for if I swap positions? I'm just curious if it will make a noticable lift/lower difference.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a silly question at all...

Generally, if you have a system with an under hood pump and an actual hydraulic lift cylinder out front then you use the forward hole..

If you have a self contained pump unit like an E60 or E47, then you use the rear hole...

One exception to this is if you have a long stroke E series pump like an E47H or E60H...then you also use the front hole..
  3. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Thanks B&B!

It's an E-47 standard pump. Guess I'll have to try the other location and see if I like it better.

I've owened this truck for 9 years...you'd think I would have asked this sooner...lol.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help....:salute:

I think you'll find that it works better in the rear pivot hole.. it will add a little more blade travel up and down...plus it will also lower a bit faster....