1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Silly Question....How do you carry your Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ramair2k, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

When transporting between jobs, or just driving around do you lift the plow and keep it straight, or angled when driving? I guess this applies to straight blades only. I see almost a 50/50 around my neck of the woods. Does it matter?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

V back On my V plow

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Straight. Just below the lights. Yes it does matter. Airflow into rad and blocking the lights. And hitting curbs or the street if angled and raised to high

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Straight and as low as possible without bouncing off the ground.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Blocking the lights?? How are you gonna raise it high enough to block the lights?

6. dieselss

Seriously? ......

7. John T

John T Member

I always keep mine straight and as low as possible.

But I was always told if you choose to angle it, the low side should be at the drivers side... as a precaution to oncoming traffic.

8. WIPensFan

Yes, seriously.

9. dieselss

Having the chain adjusted to tight, and raising the plow all the way up. We have Westerns all chain lifts

10. WIPensFan

Well...Ok, but I don't think that should ever be an issue. I mean who's gonna drive down the road with there plow set to raise so high the plow lights are blocked? I hope nobody's that stupid.

11. dieselss

Ok. You need to meet the geniuses we have here. Your brain will hurt

12. dieselss

Just thinking about it more,,,,,when you angle the plow all the way it'll block one of the lights anyway. Always cracks me up seeing a tk with one headlight coming at me.

13. WIPensFan

:laughing: I know I've employed some over the years too!

14. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Always straight on my excursion. the 3500 i had was a 9ft plow so i always left that one angled a little bit.

15. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Couldn't have said it better. It amazes me reading some of the posts on here that some of these people can tie their shoes let alone run a business. That being said, for me it depends....if its "warm" out I'll angle the blade to help keep everything cool. If its downright cold out I keep it straight and below the lights.

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I carry mine with a SUPER DUTY.....to answer the original question, Vee'd on the second one. Slightly bumped forward.

17. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

BOSS says:

http://www.bossplow.com/plowing-tips

18. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

^ Thats what I do

19. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

on the front of the truck!

20. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member