1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

silly pusher question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mc1, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i have a 9 foot x blade on a 2008 f 550 i want to sub some work to a buddy at a large job he has to backhoes with 10 foot pushers. my question is besides the obvious 1 foot of length. will the pusher be that much more productive , i can plow much faster that a backhoe. but i dont have expirence with pushers
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Yes...... in big lots those backhoes with 10ft pushers will move WAY more snow than a truck w/plow. And the more snow that comes down the more they will walk away from a truck.....its a freakin ??,???lb machine that will walk right through snow that stops a truck dead in it's tracks, and yes even a F550 which I know is a hefty truck.
  3. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

A pusher or box will move more snow than a plow, especially a straight plow. With a box you can carry snow a long distance. You might have to see one work to believe it.
  4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

box plows for the big lots, I like em so much that I built one for my 98 Chev 2500.