1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

silent armor pro grade tires

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by carl b, Jan 22, 2009.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Goodyear wont replace my tires after 17,000 miles because I plow snow.

I wasn't told this when I paid the $714 dollar bill for my 245-75-16 10 ply tires . I was told 60,000 miles your good to go . any help ?

2. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

You killed all four in only 17000 miles?

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Mine are doing the same, but just the 2 on the rear. I rotate them and have not spun them. Mine have about 13K on them and are showing excessive wear as well. They told me I have only a 50K warranty. If they give me any shyt, I will be calling every supervisor and manager at Goodyear to biatch

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

yep , I don't spin them, I have a plow, salter , & dump bed in a 94 Chevy 5.7 . If you've owned one you know they don't spin the wheels that well . I carry 2-3 thousand pounds in the bed . that surly don't help . but the bottom line is they said if they wear they'll replace them .

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thay are having a big milage problem with lots of them. at my work we use to sell them. and we sent back i dont know how many sets.

best i can say is raise he!! and go to the goodyear store nere you and have your recipt's and rotation records to prove maintance.

6. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

I got about 30k outta mine ......Never again!!!! Toyo Open Country A.T
    (pre-plow)

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I only got 20 K on my Open Country's- store manager had to replace them and caught h#$$ from the district manager for it - they rebought $700 in tires from me- but unless there is something in the treadwear guarantee when you buy listing plowing as a deal breaker they legally have to replace them.
    and I don;t spin em either. Manager was perplexed at such a short life.

8. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

Well, that makes my day-not. I just put on 4 275R70/18E. I hope I get better than what I see posted.

9. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Odd....I have 38,200 miles on the Pro Grades on my F-350 and should get close to 60,000 miles out of them.

Over half of my miles are loaded or towing 9,000-12,500lbs.

10. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

5000 miles on mine, I will keep my eye on them.

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Stopped buying Goodyear's at all about 5 years ago when I had a set wear out after 15k miles. The only thing bitxhin to the top got me was a pro rated discount on another set which I told em to shove.