1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

signing paperwork

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cutbetterthanyo, Aug 14, 2011.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I have been plowing a while now, nothing like some of you guys (5-7 times a year) cuz we don't get a great deal of snow. This is the first time i have been required to do this. I have to bid on a place with a 1 inch trigger, and has to be clear by 6am, but the problem i see is that i have to have a signature from the store manager each time i plow. I see this as a problem because, how do they know what i did when they were home in bed? How has this worked out for you guys? I really want this contract, but i can see this one thing as a potental problem.
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like USM or some other national company your working for...I'd run now!
  3. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

lets suppose for the sake of this discussion it is not a national...

I would ask the client that question, rather you get the answer now than later... what time does the place open?? some of our customers require a signature so we then have to go back and get one, it usually isn't a problem, i did have one store manger who told me she wasn't there to witness what we did so i told her a could call her at 3 am to tell her what went on ... she politely declined
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well if they want it done by 6 am then someone probably already there,just bang on the door!
  5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I Just Drop the plow 10 times and scream "IM BAAAACCCKKKKK!"

In reality i have only had to do this for My speedways we used to do It was the biggest PITA.but we got free coffee every time we went in them. But they make you sign after every time you do something otherwise you dont get paid! But it was a 24HR store so it wasnt a bad deal except during rush hour where sometimes we had to wait behind 7+ GRUMPY people! But we got rid of those because it was a pain to drive to 40 Speedways 15-30+ miles apart during a snow storm

ALSO We service this hotel and all we have to do is slide our "Room key" on the side door and it tells them we have been there. Its once a gain a PITA but it pays REALLLLLYYY well! So we keep it. And if my guys forget to slide the card i have STRICT consequences for them! I have a key in every truck. And if for any reason they dont have the key they have to walk into the lobby.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Go to the client and ask them how it is suppose to be dealt with. I am not sure what the point of the original post is. I would hope that your client would have a procedure in place to get the signature done and if they dont it would likely be they are too dumb to give a signature, let alone sign a check for your services. What i am getting at is dont let them keep you guessing about their procedures, make them accountable for giving you clear guidlines otherwise they well use it to try get out of paying you.
  7. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Even if it were through a national service provider, it's likely required by the client, not just some good time thing that is done for no good reason.
  8. cutbetterthanyo

It is actually a national (not usm) I am currently serviceing 6 places for them and never had a problem. For the sake of this being a public forum i would rather not say who it is. I am going to ask them how it works, but i was just kindof wondering how big of a pain it was. My biggest concern is, it has a 1 inch trigger and say we get dumped on, so as soon as i push it i start over again, and push a 6inch storm back to back 6 times. Then the store manager possibly want to argue about how many times it was pushed and how many inchs we had. Or do i go in and get them to sign off after every push even in the middle of the storm, that seems to be a little much.
  9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

EveryTime! Its a pain so make sure you get paid well!
  10. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

If it's for a National, the pricing/payment structure is already set. If the store is closed at night, you're not providing great value pushing it every inch. Having it clear by 6am and then every inch throughout the "open" hours is what they're looking for.
  11. cutbetterthanyo

They are actually getting me to bid the job. I just got off the phone with them and the confusion was the bid sheet they sent. It has a per push place for me to fill out. After talking to them, that is just a base for them to work from, they have a formula to calculate for seasonal. I thought i was biding per push, but it is seasonal. Having it done buy 6am and 10p is what she was saying is most important. It is supposed to be pushed every inch, but it isn't going to affect what i make if i push it at 2 or 3. There is really no reason for the manager to cause a arguement as long as it is done when they get there.