1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Signed contact -- property already plowed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Skaggs Lawn Care, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Skaggs Lawn Care

Skaggs Lawn Care Junior Member

We have a signed contract on 2 properties. When we showed up to plow, both properties had already been plowed.

What do you charge? Trip charge, if so, how much or cost for 3.5" plow.

How would you handle this situation?

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have the same issue for the first time this year. Customer was contacted and said he did not hire anyone else to plow. He was told I would not repair damage done by other company and he would have to pay full trip price to me as agreed. Was o.k. with that because he was getting plowed and paying for it as agreed and would not be paying other company that was not on contract with him.

I would contact customer and lay it out for him.
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I just got in as I type from plowing and one of my accounts was plowed out. This has happened in the past and all I do is charge them. This is national T.V store and it is next to a strip mall, the funny thing is I know the contractor who plows out the strip mall and his subs don't know where to stop. Oh well looks like I'm up $100.00 for having my driver check out the lot.
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I would charge full price for what it would have cost to plow them out.

Do you know if they called someone else to do it because they were impatient or if it was a happy coincidence that someone accidentally plowed the wrong area?

A contract is a contract. They signed it, you showed up to do the work...not your fault if someone else did the job, assuming you were within the contract's specs for response time and snowfall trigger.
  5. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Call the person in charge and straighten it out for next time. If you are contracted for per push you are out of luck. He most likely will not have to pay anyone.
  6. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Same here...charge them full price...Its only fairpayup
  7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

To many guys assume they still have jobs if they are not notified that they have lost them. We have this happen all the time. Get a new account and first snow comes and we get there to find it done or someone else pushing it. The first thing the other guy always says is "nobody told me anything". It is your job to make sure your jobs are on board, not the customers to let you know they have changed services. Yes, we do bill for the service as if we did it.
  8. jason t.

jason t. Member

We had this happen for 2 seasons before the problem was solved at a local Best Buy. I wonder if they read the contract with the leasing agent ?

Property management company didn't care,but Best Buy paid twice for each push.
  9. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have a resturant and it has been brought to my attention, someone else has been salting it.
    I hold the sign contract, I tried to bring it to the G.M. attention but she is on vacation.
    I have a feeling it's her fault, she had a small hizzy when I interduced myself to her.
    Her area director is the person who set up the contract with me.
    I was going to be nice and let her out of it at the beginning. but she told me no, it what the A.D. wants.
    So I'm charging!