1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

siezed hydro lines on meyers plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bigpaw64, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

Hi -- maybe someone out there can throw me some help--i can not remove the 90 swivel on the pump or the angle ram ---funny that the other side came off no problem---but no matter what kind of penetrating oil i spray on there---nothing--wont budge--and i need to replace this line before i can use the plow again--any advise?????
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

try striking the fitting squarely with a hammer. don't hit it from the side it will break off. hit it solid 3-4 times and try it.
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

4. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

seized lines

i will try that tomorow and let you know what happens--thanks
  5. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

if you have an air chisel put on a blunt tip in it just hammer on the fitting it will break loose if no air heat that will always work
  6. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

i dont have a air cheisel---but i will try the heat and hammer tomorow--thanks
  7. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

rusty siezed fittings,bolts etc..Free penetrating oil.

try this.. i have not purchase any bolt loosener spray.or any blaster etc in over 20 years.i use the free stuff.and always works for me.Been using good ol'used tranny fluid..Go Figure.pour it a good used pump spray bottle..its free ..try it,..
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

GENTLE heat. Heat the fitting not the block and remove quickly.
  9. bigpaw64

bigpaw64 Junior Member

Hey fellas--i took your advise--i hit it with the hammer--i applied heat a few times and walah!!!!!!!!!----off it came------thanks again guys for the help---don