1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sierra Denali... Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by blackbear02, Jan 19, 2009.

1. blackbear02

blackbear02 Junior Member
    from Maine

I'm new to this forum and am trying to decide whether or not to buy a plow. I have a 2002 GMC Sierra Denali AWD (w/ Quadrasteer). After searching around I haven't found much information about plowing with them. I only plan to plow my driveway (300' paved) here in Maine. We get quite a bit of snow each winter and plowing with my 400cc Kawasaki Prairie just isn't fun anymore. I plan to keep the truck for at least 5 more years.

Does anyone have any recommendations? It looks like the Blizzard 7600 LT and the Fisher 7 1/2 SD/LD could fit with some cutting of the bumper (which I am open to).

Do you think this is a good idea?

2. MNSnowplower

MNSnowplower Junior Member
    from MN

If you have a Sno-Way dealer in your area, you may want to look into the 22 or 26 series with down pressure. Much lighter, but VERY durable.
  3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

The only thing I would say about a denali is that they are all wheel drive and do not have four wheel drive. My truck has auto four wheel drive and sometimes I can plow in and sometimes I can't. Just today I had to switch to four wheel drive to get through some snow (not plowing). Other than that I see no differences between a denali and a regular sierra.