1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselman, Feb 20, 2004.

1. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

Hi guys. anybody out there got a sidewing on the truck?

I was wondering if they are a good investment

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I dont have one but my question is if you doing a parking lot and you get any amount of snow I dont think a pu will push a 10 or 11 ft wide burm of snow 18 inches deep. Also looks like it would be easy to do alot more damage to your truck.

3. sidewing

sidewing Junior Member

Hi Dieselman:

There are a couple of our customers who post on this site from the East Coast, but I suspect theyr'e a little busy right now plowing from that big storm.

If you search under Sidewing, you will see some threads from last year on this topic and a bunch of pictures.

In the meantime, I am attaching a picture of one of our customer's trucks with Sidewing and 810 Blizzard on. I hope you see from the windrow he has going how much snow the the truck will push. This truck is windrowing almost 14' of snow in one pass in this shot.

Kind regards,

Reg McGuire
    Sidewing Snowplows

snow removal pics 168[1].jpg

4. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

thanks for the reply Reg. great looking setup he has.

5. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Reg,
    I have a concern the sidewing I have on my truck, 2000 F-350 the lift frame inside the truck has so much bounce and deflection that the cylinder bounces against the frame bed rail. I positioned the frame mount just as described in the instructions,but it bounces back and forth atleast 2 inches.

What should I do???

Peter Sloop

6. sidewing

sidewing Junior Member

Hi Peter:

Newer production models have fixed this movement in 2 ways:

1. the feet going across the bed are now C-channels instead of flat bar stock. This makes a huge difference, and you can have the same effect by getting 1" bar stock welded to the sides of the feet of your lifting frame making it into C-channel. Or, you can simply sit the existing feet inside C-channel and bolt down through it.
    2. We now routinely run shallow C-channel stock across the underside of the bed from side to side and bolt down through it. I can email you a picture of this kind of installation, which distributes the load across the width of the truck.

Kind regards,

Reg
    Sidewing Snowplows

7. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Reg,
    I would like to see a diagram or picture of the c channel for the lift frame.

email is jiriki87@yahoo.com

thanks,
    Peter

8. sidewing

sidewing Junior Member

On it's way, Peter...

Reg