1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewing Plows, spare parts, install,mount??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stargazer, Nov 23, 2008.

1. stargazer

stargazer Member

I'm trying to buy a leftover sidewing plow for a chev '04 cab/chassis w/dump. Seller trying to locate mounting hardware. The company has been gone for a few years. I've never seen one.

Anyone with experience, good or bad? Mounting difficult? Anyone with spare parts or mounting hardware?

Am I crazy? :jester:

I don't do fab work, no dealer support. I found someone who has done installs and he quoted $800 if all parts are there. Does the mounting hardware fit only pickups, or is there more than one style?

Thanks to anyone who comments.
  2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

im doing the same thing to a 77 dodge w400. but im using a old snow plow and hooking it up to the hydraulics that are already on the truck. if you do a search for sidewing plows there are some companies in your area. i just cant remember them.
  3. stargazer

stargazer Member

Thanks wahlturfcare, I know one of the origional distributers was here in Maine (sidewings were manufactured in Canada I believe) but sidewing is no longer in business and their website is down. I have searched, that's how I found this plow site.

I should have asked if anyone has owner's manual or installation guide?