1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewing build

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wahlturfcare, Dec 22, 2010.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i thought i'd post some pictures of a sidewing im currently building for one of my trucks in the fleet.
    I get tired of always having to spend extra hours pushing snow back on some of the accounts that i have.

I still have to mount the rear slider tube and install the pump and other little things, but so far it is going pretty quickly.

P1010263.jpg

P1010264.jpg

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice work let me no how it goes i always wanted to put a wing on my 350 what are u going to use for a pump? elc? or central hydro? keep us posted

3. wahlturfcare

i have a monarch 5551 4 valve pump that i am using to power it.

4. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

looks good, Post more pics please, I love fabing stuff especially when it work:laughing:

5. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Would love to see how that works out for you, how big is the blade and about how much more clearing width does it give ya

6. wahlturfcare

the blade is 7 1/2 ft wide and will stick out that far from the truck. With my regular front blade that is 8 1/2ft without the wings i should have around 16 ft clearing width.