1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Mar 4, 2010.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I am bidding on a couple of hoa's for next season. Plowing is no problem. The sidewalks are all short walks from each unit to the parking in front of the unit. The originalyour design was so well thought out that the residents have to walk between cars to access the walks, no dedicated access. What that means is no room to get the snowblower in. Do any of you guys solicit the residents of your accounts to assist shoveling the walks?
  2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Usually residents are no help. What would your plan of attack on getting the residents to help be?
  3. procut

procut Senior Member

Get the residents to help? That doesn't even make sense. It would be like going to McDonald's and having the manager say to you, "We're busy, we can get the fries and drink no problem, but I'll give you a dollar if you come back here and grill your own burger quick." LMAO.
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughing: whAt if they don't do it, then your screwed
  5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I'm not talking about having everyone shovel their own. I mean hiring several guys who live in the complex to work under one of my guys at the site and do the bulk of the sidewalk work. Sorry, I should have clarified. I have a guy living in one of the apartment complexes we do help with the sidewalks at his property. He shovels the stoops while my guys handle the snowblowers. It just makes things quicker
  6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Do you give him any money, i'd give him a few dollars for helping out
  7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Unless you have him as employ. is he going to be worried about getting fired?
  8. leon

leon Senior Member

HOA etc.

If you cannot get a bigger blower one in the walk way

is there any reason you cannot use an electric

Toro power shovel and get around the problem to

begin with a small generator and an extension cord?

Dont yell!

9. Freebird

Freebird Member

You are opening yourself up to liability. These guys get hurt shoveling, they are going to sue like mad. It would be a huge mistake to hire them. Find a way to use a snow blower, even a small one, or a plow on an atv, whatever you can use, otherwise this is going to cost you more in the long run than you will make.