1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalks. Tractor or ATV

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by spencer087, Oct 29, 2010.

1. spencer087

spencer087 Member

I have a john deere 2320 compact utility tractor and a 500cc 4x4 honda ATV. I cant decide what would be a better sidewalk machine? Most sidewalks are small (about 4') such as sidewalks around gas stations. Snow around here is generally not very deep and is usually wet and we get a lot of ice. So what you guys think? atv with blade or a tractor with a blade or small pusher or whatever.
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

From what you've said I'd have to say a ATV with a manual lift. Much faster to whip around and the manual lift cycles as fast as you can, no waiting on the winch or electric lift.
    Tractors are better suited for bigger areas.
  3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I'd have to agree with Buff, unless u get more like 4" storms then they become kind of =, but we have used both on are large commercial sdwks an both work well the 425 JD scrapes a little better because of the blade weight be a little heavier.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

an ATV is way quicker and way cheaper to operate per hour.