1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalks Shovel or Blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thecabinexpert, Dec 7, 2008.

1. thecabinexpert

thecabinexpert Junior Member

When i plow included in all my contracts is shoveling the front entrance and in front of the garage ( Because why plow the drive if your not going to finish the job). But now that i've picked up a couple larger shoveling jobs (Apartments). Whats the easiet way to clear the walks with out lugging a big snowblower out of the back of the truck. I don't want to pull a trailer around and have to hook and un hook all day. The shovel works fine but a lot of extra work when theres a lot of snow.
    Thanks guy and ladies,

PS i was thinking about a weed whip with the sweeper attachment or like one of those toro sno pups.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  2. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

single stage snow thrower and a metal and platic shovel perfict right there
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

For me it depends on the snow what method I use. I don't mind shoveling if it's a light snow. I do my own shoveling and don't mind it too much. Small jobs I shovel ,and large ones I get the blower out. I use the lagest toro single stage. Forget what model it is exactly but it's great. We have a small single stage husqvarna and I hate it. The toro drives it self( the machine tips and the flaps propell it). The deeper the snow the faster it goes! Now your not going to move 12" of wet snow ,but for most stuff it's great! I see some guys using 2 stage blowers and it looks painfull:dizzy: They are heavy, slow ,and a hand full !!! A single stage blower is price less for us on alo of jobs:nod:

Good luck , shaun
  4. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Toro 3650 single stage snow thrower. I've used these in snow upto 16" deep. Hadn't had any real problems just slows down alittle in deep snow. If it is real cold and the snow is a few inches of powder back pack blowers will work.