1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalks... lots of it

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by odd1or2even, Oct 24, 2007.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

A friend of mine has a development HOA who wants him to snow blow the sidewalks. It is 2 miles long, by 3 feet wide. There are some 200 homes in the development, but all the homes have their own private drives. That'd be an amazing deal to have all the drives, and the sidewalks but thats not going to happen. The walks would need to be cleared within 24hours after the storm, and cleared over 1" of snow.

What I'd like help with, is getting an estimate of a rate to charge and time to do this job. I in the suburbs to the west of Philadelphia in a pretty affluent area, West Chester/Chadsford . I have 2, 36" Ariens snow blowers already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Plus what would you guys charge to plow the drives that are about 70 feet long, one car wide, and there's a double garages either off to the left or the right at the top of the drive. Thanks

Steve

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i got a new contract on a HOA this year and i priced all the drives for $75-100 and i done the road fo"FREE" but i aplie $300-350 worth of salt each event

but the walks, we do a some by the hour and some by the foot $.65 per foot per year incl salt, the walks we do by the hour is prob. better money

3. esugar

esugar Junior Member

Best way is to get a 4 wheeler w/ a 4' blade for the walks. You'll blow through the walks with that, it's awesome.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure they are 3' wide? That is a down and back with a snow blower, but really too narrow for a quad.

Go out and walk it at the speed you could blow it at. Then mulitply by your hourly rate.

Then if you want, divide by the length and you will have a linear foot price. Add a cent or two to that and you should be good.

5. Snow_Pusher

Snow_Pusher Junior Member

roughly you should be able to blow 700 to 1000 linear feet of walkway per hour.