1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk sprayers for liquid deicers?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Salisbury1975, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Salisbury1975

Salisbury1975 Junior Member
    from Detroit

Wondering if anyone has purchased or rigged up a push sprayer for applying liquids to sidewalks? We purchased several Ossian LS push sprayers, the idea is awesome but we've had nothing but trouble with them(also very expensive) I did find a push sprayer made by a company called Dentco, only $300 that has been working great but the company no longer sells them. A sprayer on an ATV will not work for the application i'm looking for. I need a sprayer for 4' wide walks and entry walks up to porches at condo sites. I'd really appreciate any feedback from companies who've used liquid deicers in the past. Thanks

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

For sidewalks I've used either the atv setup which is no good for you or a backpack sprayer, they work nicely.

3. Salisbury1975

from Detroit

Yeah, we've tried backpack sprayers. We haven't found them to be real effecient. There has to be something like the Ossian LS but more durable and not battery powered. Thanks

4. JJ Jones

JJ Jones Junior Member

Some of the truck mounted boom sprayers have spray wands as well. I've used the 4C Sprayer and it works good on sidewalks as well.

5. Salisbury1975

from Detroit

I'm not quite sure what a 4C sprayer is. The hose reels on truck sprayers will only reach so far. We service some accts with miles of walks literally and was hoping someone else is using something similar to a push spreader like we apply icemelt with but apllying liquids instead.

6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

We use our ATV's and custom made our boom's ( parts from Tractor Supply)....it also has a hand/wand sprayer on the front with 50' of hose. You can do sidewalks and handicapped parking all day long ( just keep the tanks filled) its also great for shopping malls and hospitals etc. where there is a lot of sidewalks and small places a truck cant get too. We also use back-pak sprayers for the even tighter places where the quads cant get too.

Let it Snow & Sleet & Freezing Rain !!!! We can handle it all wesport

7. Salisbury1975

from Detroit

Thanks Kipcom, I guess i need to buy more atvs. We have 2 and a Polaris ranger but 5 sidewalk crews. More of a logistical problem than anything. Before we started using liquid we used about 10-15 lesco dry spreaders. Have you ever saw the push sprayers that Ossian inc. offers. Google Ossian inc. If a guy could come up with something similar to these that are cheaper, more rugged, and reliable a bunch of $$ could be made with the gaining popularity of liquids.