1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk Question...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wilbz711, Jun 13, 2007.

1. wilbz711

wilbz711 Junior Member

Hey guys, my Father owns a good size plow co. We have roughy 5subs with plows, run 1 or 2 payloaders and a backhoe every storm, an articat 650 with a plow and a bobcat. All have pushers. We have been in the business for mroe then 20 years. The only problem we have now is sidewalks, our clients are expanding and makeing more and more sidewalks and 1 articat is not cutting it. Basicly im looking for some direction....now we also do site work in the warmer months so this piece of equipment needs to have another purpose aswell....

Most sidewalks are around 48 inchs wide so the

Heres what I know about so far:

Trackless:Could be a good choise
    Holder:Nice product, but what if something breaks, parts will be hard to get?
    ToolCat: If im not mistaken this is too wide for most sidewalks?
    Bombardier-This product seems like it only has a limited use...
    Small Bobcat or New Holand: Might be the best choice?

IF you guys know of any other ways to do sidewalks, post it here please...

Thanks Again
  2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

The trackless is a bit wider than 48 inches, same with a lot of other things, including most Holder tractors.

The Holder C2.42 seems small enough though.
  3. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

You should take a look at the polaris razr. Its the same width as a fourwheeler but is a side by side. They look pretty damn cool too. We might be intrested in gettin one for riding.
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

We do a bunch of side walk. We use a combo of bobcat 463/453 with cabs and 5' snow plows and Kubota b7500/b2910 with 5' with add on wings for 6.5' plows to plow side walks. The mini skids are the fastest. But the tractors can plow and spread material at the same time since each has a hopper spreader.
  5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I am far from an expert on this and dont know what kind of speed you are looking for, but for versatility and <48" I would think a mini skidsteer would be your ticket.

Negatives - no cab, top speed is still slow, cant push and spread at same time.... I am sure there are many more.