1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mon4t, Sep 30, 2007.

1. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

hey guys,

i have a customer that i snowplow his parking lot but this year he wants me to snowblow his sidewalks he has about 500 feet of sidewalks what is a good price to give him.

Thanks Mike
  2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

How much do you get per hour?
    How much do you pay your employees per hour?
    Are you going to make more money snowblowing than you do from plowing?
    I can't find dependable part-time, on-call personel so I don't get into snowblowing; no one is going to pay my $120 (minimum) per hour rate that i'm losing from the plowing business.
  3. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

If you have the man power, snowblowing can work for you. I do larger commercial plowing, 2 trucks, 2 skidsteers, and four snowblowers. I have a full time 6 man crew, and a couple of part timmers. The plows and the skidsteers make the real money, but the snowblowers make me more appealing to the customers. Lots of guys out there do not or will not blow snow, I think that is part of the job.
    I charge per hour. Again if you have the man power to do it, you can charge good prices becuase it is hard to find the guys to do it.
    Last year I had a couple of accounts that were snowblowing only. This year I told them I would not renew with them unless I got the lots also. Last year we had three apartment complexes, this year we have seven.
    I say if you cannot find the help and you won't get out of the truck, Stay home!
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

What do you charge per hour for snowblowing? I'm thinking around 65/hr.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We are doing more and more snow blowing every year. As far as what to charge good luck its like a unwritten rule-DONT TELL! That sounds a little high (for my area). But charge what you think its worth! If they dont like it tell them then you do it!
  6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'd charge whatever you charge to plow snow, maybe even a little more. it takes the same skill level and the same $$ amount of equiptment (if you plow with a pickup and not a $100k loader). the reason i'd charge a little more is because your employees will want paid more to blow snow off of walks compared to plowing in a pickup, also it's harder work to blow and shovel than it is to plow snow, so the harder job should pay more than the easier job.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  7. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

do it by the hour, one hour min. and going rate is anywhere from 45 an hr to 65 an hr, unless your a sub then expect 35 or so an hour.....dont bill any truck less than 80 an hour, people keep lowballing and prices are cheaper now then what i used to charge clients in 1983!
    and damn i wish diesel was 65 cents a gallon like it was then, and my brand new ford cost me 18500 then and same thing is 37k now

with the economy going like its going more and more keep getting into the business without the knowledge and are retrogressing the state of the industry