1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jlong, Jan 31, 2010.

1. jlong

jlong Junior Member

what would you guys charge for this:
    200-225 feet of sidewalk, 1 pass w/ a two stage blower.
    there was about 18-24 inches of packed snow on it
    since it was after the city plowed the road. I had a customer call and tell me to do it then bill him "whatever" ( I hate that) It took two passes with the blower to reach pavement.
    I don't typically do this kind of work but since the city passed a supid ordinence where they will fine people if they don't clear their sidewalks within 24hrs I get several calls like this from mowing customers and I don't want to over bill them since they are mowing customers but don't want to cut myself short either.
  2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well whats the fine cost if they dont clear them? Whats your time worth? How much abuse on your equipment? Overhead(gas/equipment/travel)?

And then think to yourself what would I be willing to pay someone else to do it if the shoe was on the other foot ??
  3. sassygrasssnow

sassygrasssnow Member

were we are from that is a $250 fine. I would charge$107 50cents linear foot
  4. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

dollar a minute for a blower
  5. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Charge your hourly rate x the time it took you.
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

.50 sounds high to me. more like .30 over on my side of michigan