1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Mar 3, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

can anyone tell me what a sidewalk plow is? how it is used? I was looking through one of my closest sno-way dealers website and they had a 6'9" sidewalk plow. just wondering if you guys could tell me about it. :confused:
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Ill take a stab at it even though im not familiar with sno ways product line too much. From what ive seen, its justs a smaller plow that goes on an s10, ranger or other small truck. I guess they market it that way, cause a lot of municipalities and private firms use them to do sidewalks cause of their small size.
  3. c.t. lawn care

here is a picture of one and it has the corners cut off the plow????
  4. c.t. lawn care

5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

The sidewalk plow is smaller and has a rubber cutting edge. You can accomplish the same result with a U-edge.
  6. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. It's just a smaller plow people happen to use for clearing sidewalks. Nothing special about it.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2003
  7. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

just like the others said, a sidewalk plow is just that, a plow small enough to use for sidewalks. usually around 3' or so. the apartment buildings around here have them on gravely machines, to do all the walks.
  8. BOSS 444

BOSS 444 Member
    from In.

O.K..... I'll take a stab @ it.

Here is my guess....

The picture has "the corners cut off" the cutting edge. This would allow you to plow @ full angle, down a cement sidewalk & not 'catch' the cut line in the concrete. It would 'ramp' over them instead.

I have not seen that before, not a bad idea if you did a lot of cement walks.

If I am incorrect, someone please step in.

Hope this helps,
    Boss 444
  9. myo

myo Senior Member

This is the sidewalk plow I drive for the Town of Shirley MA.

mt side smaller pic.jpg
  10. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i use a bobcat with a v plow just like the boss one.it a no name plow but i looked at a boss v for the bobcats and its the same as mine.mine doesn't say boss thats the only diff.