1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk plows.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow white, Aug 18, 2003.

1. snow white

snow white Member

sidewalks
    I HAVE CONTRACTS FOR SIDEWALKS IN CANADA. THE HOLDER IS NOT THE MACHINE,THE TRACKLESS OR THE BOMBARDIER ARE.I HAVE 2 TRACKLESS AND THREE BOMBRDIER BM-50.THE HOLDER HAS LESS POWER ,PARTS ARE HARD TO GET GERMANY VERSUS,MONTREAL OR ONTARIO FOR ME,DEALERS ,but MOST PARTS I GET AT LOCAL PARTS STORE.THE NEW TOOLCAT IS IMPRESSIVE AND HALF THE $$$$OF A TRACKLESS. I HAVE 3 BOBCATS WITH BLOWERS WHICH ARE NICE BUT SLOW TO TRANSPORT,VERSUS OTHERS WILL do 18 MPH,THE BOBCATS ARE LESS EXPENSIVE CHOICE BUT PLOWS SHOULD BE INSTALLED VERSUS BUCKETS ,OR BLOWERS.A BOBCAT WILL NOT SALT AND PLOW AS USUALLY THIS MEANS DOUBLE THE TIME ,WHILE THE OTHERS WILL DO BOTH..........the toolcat is 48000 can $.

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

You must have contracts with HRM, I have a 2003 Trackless, blower. plow, and salter, I looked at the Toolcat on their website, pretty wide at 85", and no PTO, so a blower would have to be hydaulicallly driven, so it would need a high flow system and extra cooling, I haven't had much success with fluid drive blowers. Do you do any streets for the city?

Bill

3. snow white

snow white Member

sidewalks

yes hrm sidewalks,erskine makes both high flow and non high flow blowers,i have a s185 bobcat with a high flow blower i prefer it over my trackless blower as it doesn't jam up at all.the toolcat is a 773 bobcat with the toolcat body.you bought your trackless through sanders equipment?????///////they are $100,000 plus with the accessories u have.do you know of any blowers or spreaders for bobcats,,,johnson equipment has alot of used trackless's...i have a fixed v-plow for your machine for sale

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes I got it from Saunders, but they are about 80K with all the options. If you're having trouble with the blower jamming ( snow in the chute) make sure your augers are timed correctly, it can cause some of the problem. Don't know of anything for Bobcat near here. Look into the Snowex 1875 spreader ( Ocean Equipment) it's a tailgate truck mount, but it won't take much to built a mount for the rear of the Bobcat. it's electric. WILL spread both salt and wet sand, and with the optional adjustable defector you can narrow the spread pattern down for sidewalks.
    Not interested in the V-plow thanks.

Bill