1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sidewalk machine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Oct 24, 2008.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I am trying to decide between a commercial grade simplicity 32/38" snow thrower or a DR 15hp unit with the blade and snow thrower. I figure the blade would be faster for a lot of the snow fall we get and still have the ability of the snow thrower. It doesn't look to have a lot of down pressure with the blade on it. Price wise, the DR is about $400 more with both attachments. What do you guys think?
  2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

I thought you could also get a broom for the DR... alot more versatility for the money and bigger throwers don't clean well on the lighter snowfalls.
  3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

According to my dealer, DR is redesigning the broom because the original was too expensive @ $3k.
  4. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Does anybody have experience using a DR field/brush mower with either the snow thrower or the blade for sidewalks?
  5. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

get the commercial grade simplicity 32/38"
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Get th DR with the snow thrower. I don't think the blade would work very good. And DR is a good company.
  7. mnconst

mnconst Member
    from indiana

what about a 4x4 four wheeler with a blade on it
    i use a magnum 325 does great and also use to go deer hunting
  8. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I need something around 36" due to side walk width
  9. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

get the simplicicty you wont regret it. i own 2 they are awsome