1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk Machine

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mbella, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella Junior Member

I'm curious what you guys are using for sidewalks. We provide snow removal services at a large corporate campus and there are a lot of sidewalks. Most of the walks are 5-6' wide and there are very few steps. Currently, we use a couple of rider mowers with brooms on the front and a lot of shovelers. I'm looking for something that could possibly run a broom, plow or snow blower and have a spreader attached. Do you guys use anything like this?
  2. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I use a 4x4 atv with a 60 inch moose plow, and it does a excellent job. You can also mount a spreader on the rear..... :)

JKOOPERS Senior Member

how about his

4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Ah come on man you cant just post a pic like that and not tell us what it is. What is it and where did you get it and how much i need to do something like that with my toro.
  5. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

3 polaris 400 ATV'S. They do a great job and are really fast. A plow blade won't do quiet as good a job as a power broom, but they will do 10 times the work in the same amount of time.
  6. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I have a Kubota F 2000 with a 5 foot power angle blade

JKOOPERS Senior Member

lol its an american eagle atv plow that i fab to fit the mower. i paid a total of $400 for the plow and metal . its 50" wide and 16" tall. it does a great job. i'll take some pics of it in action hopefully this weekend
  8. Marcuslndscp

Marcuslndscp Junior Member
    from vermont

We use snowblowers mounted on skid steers and small bucket loaders here. One person and one machine, nothing else. They work real well and look real nice when you're done. There are no snow banks to deal with or anything.
  9. beungood

beungood Member

Argo 6x6 or 8x8

How about and Argo Amphibious ATV 6x6 or 8x8 to plow off sidewalks and walkways. It is fuel efficient,has a top and heater and has high/low range transmission and can be mounted with Tracks...

10. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

JKoopers How Do You angle that Plow ?

I've Got the Same Set-ups but with Operator Angling...They would pretty much be useless w/out it.

JKOOPERS Senior Member

still working on that part. i mostly use it on sidewalks though so the same angle is fine
  12. SnowMizer

SnowMizer Junior Member

I use a Kubota BX2200 Tractor w/rough terrain tires, Curtis Cab w/heater. I have 3 attachments. 52" Plow, Snow Blower head, Rotary Broom. I mostly use the plow, but all attachments work great. I have a SnowEx Spreader on the rear of the unit.
    The machine was a bit expensive but does a great job and is easy to operate. I have been running it for 5 Winters and find it to be very reliable.
    No problem starting it in the cold which suprises me as it has a Diesel Engine.
  13. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I use my Yamaha Kodiak 400 with 50" Moose plow and our Yamaha Grizzly 686 (was a 660 but had the motor bored and redone) with a 60" Moose county plow and I have a spreader mounted on the rear rack. I just bought a used 60" power angle broom ($150) for my John Deere 400 lawn tractor (with fluid in rear tires, 75lb weights in each rim and chains) that I have yet to try in the snow.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  14. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

i use a 1986 gravely 8179-g tractor with a Curtis cab, with a 48" snowblower or my home built (indestructible) 46" power angle plow. the blizzard we just had in jersey was nothing for the blower to eat through. i have Ag tires on the front and back, even though it is only a 4X2,(i wish it was 4X4) it helps with steering and i also have about 200lbs. on the rear for traction weight. i think the best part of it is that i have a radio, i go nuts listening to that engine running all day long. :drinkup:
  15. Ian

Ian Member

We don't use it for snow removel but purchased a john deere hpx 4x4 diesel gator. This is the new high performance version of the gator line. You can get any thing for it. We use it to push a 10,000# helicopter around and has no problem. It has two, four and all axles locked drive selection. If my boss would let us, it would have a plow on it.
  16. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Put a sulky on that bad boy.....
  17. caz1

caz1 Member

have you looked at the Walker mower i know the make all the atachments you are looking for i think the web site is www.walker.com
  18. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We use 2 John Deere 1435 4x4 with snow blowers and spreaders mounted on the rear. We have heated enclosed cabs and they work great.
  19. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I use a John Deere 4410 on a college campus for walks:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  20. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

use a bobcat toolcat 5600 it holds all the attachments of a bobcat skidsteer with the bed of say a mule or gator (which lifts to dump) its lighter so you dont ruin grass and it has 4 wheel steering did i mention you sit inside a cab with heat and ac