1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk leakage......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jan 20, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone here have an idea of a flap, or some sort of drop down blade that you could use on a sidewalk??

I'm talking about when you get done shoveling / blowing a sidewalk, mainly commercial property, then you plow along side of it, and snow leaks back up onto the edge of the sidewalk.

I know I could plow one time in front of the sidewalk, or pull up and backdrag off the sidewalk, and then shovel / blow, but that's not always easy to do.

I was thinking of something like a large stiff mudflap that you could rotate down on the edge of your sidewalk, something like a wing that you would use on your plow, but would be 3-4" higher, so it'd ride on the sidewalk, to keep that snow from leaking back up.

Anyone have any ideas??

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have my shoveler run the blower on the road so when i plow im 2ft from the curb

3. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

Cardoctor's idea is a good one. I plow 1' to 2' away from the curbedge first, then clean along the edge. That way the snow flows away easier and very little goes on the walk