1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk help / input...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Last year I had a guy who was like lightning when it came to shoveling sidewalks. He moved on to bigger and better things this year so I had to hire on some more help. My problem is the guys I hired aren't near as fast and detailed. The one area they struggle in is stamina, the property is a condo complex with plenty of stairs and walkways and this year I am having them do the driveways as well (not much room to turn a truck). No one has a p/u truck just s-10 Blazers, one with a cargo basket. I have a Toro 2cycle single stage blower (the small one) but it cant get through more than 3" of snow so its quicker to shovel IMO. We also have a full sized 2 stage blower but no way to get it from site to site. My truck is full of salt so I cant move it around. I thought about getting these shovels that are 36" wide, any thoughts to speed things along?