1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by American, Sep 11, 2003.

1. American

American Junior Member

We do a lot of multi-fmaily residential accounts that have long stretches of sidewalks, but are narrower than 4 feet...many times 3 - 3.5 feet. I have been looking for a 4X4 ride on alternative to the walk-behind snowblower to increase efficiency. All the ATV's I have seen are too big for this situation as I am concerned about tearing up the lawn. Any ideas that have proven reliable?

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I know bobcat makes a small, narrow model skidsteer. I'm not sure what model # but you could check it out.

or you may want to look into a Dingo

3. snow white

snow white Member

bobcat

bobcat 453 and 553 are pretty small units

4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

What about one of the small stand on skidsteers, like a toro
    dingo or something like that. Not sure how wide it is but I know that they advertise that they can go through gates and stuff. That would have the power and speed, you can put a plow, bucket or blower on it. Would be something to consider. Just my two cents

www.schmidtlawncare.com

5. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

Polaris ASL

Has anyone used the polaris ASL for either snow or landscape work? I am thinking it would work out well for walkways, and other tight areas with a snowblower (as good as a bobcat). But questioning if it is strong enough for summer use. I have a backhoe so it does not have to be too strong.

6. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Use the power unit from a walk behind lawn mower by removing the deck and replacing it with either a v blade or an angled blade. A walk behind plowing unit.

7. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Agreed.

We do many tenant building sidewalks & I have found hydraulic walbehind tractors w/ blade or blower work best.

However, I haven't seen any that would accomidate 3 ft.