1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk crew

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug8949, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

I have a few questions on sidewalk crews. First one is how many people are in one side walk crew second question is what is the going rate and the best equipment for the side walk crew.

Now why am I asking cause I have been approached if I do sidewalks by several property management company's. I am not against it but never had a ton of side walks to do so know I am curious as to equipment and the going rate. Like I said the only side walks were on the house we did driveways and that was the same people that did both.
  2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

First off, there is no way to answer your questions because we do not know what type and how much sidewalk you're talking about.

We only do sidewalk work because it's included on most commercial properties we service. If I had a choice, we wouldn't. It is a pita.
  3. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

as far as how many people on the sidewalk crew depends on how many sidewalks, you can go from 1 guy to tons of guys. we pay our guys $15 an hr but then again that's us and in our market, yours im going to assume is different. and as far as equipment again depends how many how big how long, snow blowers are the best equipment to use other than shovels
  4. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

Our sidewalks they are looking for being done are city sidewalks and maybe some gates so I don't know about ride on or not. It is a property management company that rents apartments and houses our city side walks are 5 feet wide the length is unknown cause it is multiple property's.
  5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Four guys will be fine.
  6. velocicaur

velocicaur Junior Member

They start at 17/hr around here. Probably one of the jobs with the worst retention rates. Need massive bonuses/showing up on time, etc.