1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sidewalk clearing rates and $$

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brother1, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Hey all - nothing like a last minute request. Got a call yesterday from a small condo complex who's contract for previous year ended Nov. 30th. Have no idea why they waited until Dec 3rd to begin taking bids for this season - especially because we're getting snow tomorrow. Not a big place but has alot of sidewalks - about 9500 sq ft. Did a search here and found a few things but could use some help. Trying to figure time it might take to clear these walks by shoveling (if small amount) and with snow blower (for larger heavier snowfalls). And since they want a 4 month contract cost i have to work it into the total cost so not able to charge them by the hour for each event. I read a few posts that said charge about $95 per hour but is that for 1 guy, 2 guys, ect?? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm trying to get this in the fax machine by 3pm. Thanks
  2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Most times posted prices are per man hour.

1 employee x 4 hours x $95 = $380
    2 employees x 2 hours x $95 = $380

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Where are you in Metro NY?
  4. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Thanks ceaman - i did it that way. Just had to try to figure out how many labor hours it would take to clear that much footage of walks. Got the bid in by 3 pm so waiting to hear tonight if I have a new account for tomorrow. We'll see.

And Micheal - we're on the Westchester/Putnam border. A bit north of you. Looks like you might get it worse than us tomorrow. Good luck.